I love green smoothies. No, like for real… I love them!
For almost all my life I thought they tasted disgusting. I’d add kale and it’d taste bitter. Or I’d add berries and it’d turn brown. The struggle to find a tasty and fresh looking smoothie was hard.
But then one day I tried something different. I brought together my favourite ingredients and magically discovered a recipe that not only tastes good, but cleanses your system so well it makes everyday feel like a fresh start.
Here are 7 ingredients and benefits you’ll get from having this smoothie:
- Kale – One of the most nutrient dense foods, kale is packed with tons of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals you’re probably deficient in. It can help to boost your metabolism, energy levels, immune system, hydration and better protect you from serious illnesses.
- Orange – Oranges are amazingly rich in vitamin C, making them the super helpful in winter. Vitamin C is the go to vitamin for preventing and treating colds because it’s great at boosting your immune system.
- Lemon – Lemons are super rich in vitamin C AND can also help to flush out the toxins in your body, making it a great companion when cleansing.
- Celery – Has an oily compound that makes you want to pee, helping with detox. It boosts digestion and reduces bloating
- Spinach – Rich in iron, it’s great for helping to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of your blood.
- Ginger – Adds a special zest to the flavour and is very effective in alleviating symptoms of cramping, bloating, diarrhea. This is super helpful if you’re going through PMS or have indulged in foods that give you cramps or bloating.
- Apple – Rich in fibre, apples help to turn a light smoothie into a much more filling smoothie. And on top of that, it can help to detox your liver and help to relieve any constipation or diarrhea.
You can blend all these together and make a powerful and yummy green smoothie. Check out the easy peasy recipe below.
REFRESHING AND ENERGISING GREEN SMOOTHIE
Cook time: 2 mins / Prep Time: 5 mins / Total time: 7 mins / Yields: 1 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 1 chopped up apple
- A slim slice of ginger
- 1 Celery stalk
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of kale
- Freshly squeeze your oranges into the blender
- Add water
- Add chopped up apple into the blender
- Freshly squeeze 1/2 a lemon into the blender
- Cut a slice of ginger, chop it up into smaller bits and put into blender
- Cut celery into smaller pieces and put into blender
- Add handful of spinach and kale into the blender