In my opinion, one of the kindest acts of love is cooking something nice for your friends, family or lover to enjoy.
Whether you’re an aspiring chef or dread spending more than a few minutes in the kitchen, this easy Chocolate Protein Pudding recipe is one they will love for breakfast.
Not only does it look and taste delicious, the chocolate flavour feels so indulgent it will feel like such a treat.The best bit is, it doesn’t take any more than 5 minutes. You can surprise them while they are in bed or in the shower!
Even though the recipe looks indulgent, it’s rich in protein and other nutritious goodies that will also set you and your loved one up for a fantastic day.
Interested in trying it? Check out the recipe below. If you make it, we’d love to see it 🙂 Take a pic and share it with us on Instagram or Twitter by hashtagging #superwomenlifestyle or tagging @thejoyrandolph.
Chocolate Protein Pudding Recipe for you or your valentine
Cook time: 2 mins / Prep Time: 2 mins / Total time: 4 mins / Yields: 1 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- 40g of whey protein powder, plain or vanilla (I used strawberry to go with the berries)
- 50g of puréed pumpkin (if you can’t find this, try the baby section at your biggest local grocery store)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. raw cacao
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 drops stevia
- A handful of fresh berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
- Coat a small open container with coconut oil and heat up in microwave for a couple seconds
- When the coconut oil has turned into liquid form, use a paper towel to ensure all the cup is evenly covered in oil
- Add all ingredients excluding the berries into a separate bowl. Mix them all together until it looks like a cake mix
- Add your mixture to your small container.
- Microwave on high for about a two minutes.
- Take a look and microwave again if needed. Add extra toppings like
- berries or fruit.
Notes: If you can’t find pumpkin puree, instead chop up and crush half of a banana 1/2 banana. It will give you a slightly sweeter and is also a slightly higher carbohydrate option. If you use the banana, keep your container in the microwave for a little longer.