Kale chips… mmm… just thinking about them right now makes me kinda peckish for an afternoon snack.
Over the past six months, I’ve been working on my first recipe ebook. Aspiring to fill it with 35 yummy-and-different recipes, I had to break out of my comfort zone and try new things.
One area I seem to be a serious beginner in is snacks. I mean, let’s be honest. Who has time to make snacks? I’m lucky if I remember to make myself more than one cup of tea a day.
But then when I came across a kale chips recipe on Pinterest, I was curious. Could a simple recipe that only calls for fresh kale, a baking sheet, some oil, salt and vinegar, be all you need to make tasty snack?
To my surprise, the recipe didn’t disappoint. When Ian had a sick day, it took five minutes for me to prepare a healthy snack for him.
Within minutes it was done. And within minutes, the snack was gone. Ian loved it and so did I.
Check out the recipe below. Have you ever made kale chips? Do you love, like or hate kale chips? Leave a comment below because I’d love to know
Delicious Kale Chips Recipe
Cook time: 5 mins / Prep Time: 10 mins / Total time: 15 mins / Yields: 1 bowl / Serving Size: 1 person
- Atleast three handfuls of fresh kale
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Grab a baking sheet and spread a bit of oil across the sheet
- Grab a handful of kale and wash it thoroughly. When you’re done, place them on the sheet and break off and remove stems. Repeat process with the remaining kale you want to bake.
- Pour the olive oil over kale and rub in thoroughly.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Drizzle the apple cider vinegar over kale and add a dash of Himalayan salt all over.