Chia Seed Pudding recipe
I'll admit, I'm a little late to the Chia Seed party. After falling in love with Flaxseeds, I got a little too comfortable to venture out and try Chia Seeds.
However, when Emily Skye - one of my favourite personal trainers, recommended a protein packed Chia Seed Pudding recipe for those on the go, I figured how bad can it be? And can I say, it didn't disappoint at all! In fact, it tasted like heaven for breakfast!
With just five ingredients, I discovered that it is possible to have what looks (and tastes) like an indulgent dessert for breakfast. And the best bit was, it takes no more than 5 minutes to make.
Filled with almond milk, strawberry protein powder, chia seeds, almonds and berries, I was surprised that something so minimalist could taste so good.
If you're looking for a quick, yummy and filling break from your usual breakfast, try this recipe. It's one of my favourite breakfast recipes. If you make it, take a photo and share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #superwomenlifestyle or tag us on @thejoyrandolph
CHIA SEED PUDDING RECIPE
Cook time: 20 mins / Prep Time: 5 mins / Total time: 25 mins / Yields: 1 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- 15g of Chia Seeds
- 120ml of organic unsweetened almond milk
- 30g whey strawberry protein powder... although you can also use vanilla
- To serve
- 5-10 almonds
- A handful of fresh or frozen berries
- Pour your protein powder and almond milk into a shaker until the powder blends and there are no lumps.
- Pour in a small airtight container. Don't close the lid yet
- Add the Chia Seeds and stir thoroughly
- Close the container with the lid and store your pudding into a fridge for at least 20 minutes. My trick is to make this before I shower. Or sometimes the night before and leave it in the fridge until I'm ready to have breakfast the following morning.
- When you're ready, pour it into your favourite small cup or wine glass. Add the almonds and berries. You're good to go
Notes: I love making this on the night before the morning I will have this recipe. It takes 5 minutes to make. And when you wake up in the morning, a delicious breakfast will be ready for you