Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
Though Spring is supposedly here, when the sun goes down, the temperature drops and our home in London feels super cold.
When it gets like this, there's one thing I can count on to warm me up... a warm pasta recipe.
But I admit, I get a little uncomfortable about making pasta. Though it usually tastes good, I feel a little bloated and heavy afterward. Boo hoo!
However, can I let you in on a new discovery? You can have pasta without the bloated feeling! Yay!
All you need to do is swap your typical wheat pasta for quinoa pasta. I made this small change and it makes a huge difference for my waist line and energy levels.
This Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe is without a doubt one of my favourites. In fact, I think it made it to Ian's top five favourite recipe list.
It takes only five minutes to prepare and simply 10 minutes to cook.
Check out the recipe below.
Delicious Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
Cook time: 15 mins / Prep Time: 5 mins / Total time: 20 mins / Yields: 4 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- Tbsp of Olive oil
- 500g Chicken breast
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 1 cup of sliced Cherry tomatoes
- 300g Quinoa Pasta
- 190g Basil Pesto
- Handful of chopped up fresh basil
- Boil hot water for the pasta and while it boils put the pasta into a sauce pan
- Add a dash of pink himalyan salt and black pepper onto the chicken and rub it in as much as you can
- Cut the chicken into small chunks.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan and turn it up to medium heat
- While the pan warms up, add the boiling water to your sauce pan and cover your pasta with water. Heat it up at high heat for a couple minutes then lower the heat to let it simmer. Double check your packs instructions to boil it for the right amount of mine (usually 9 - 12 minutes)
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and leave the chicken there to cook until the underside turns brown. When it turns brown it's time to flip and cook the other side
- While the pasta and chicken cooks, cut your cherry tomatoes into half
- Once the pasta and chicken has cooked, throw them into to a big bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, pesto and fresh basil to the bowl and mix well together
- It's ready to serve