Quinoa, Pepper and Feta Cheese Salad
One of my favourite plant-based dishes is this Quinoa, Pepper and Feta Cheese salad.
You would think salads aren't filling or tasty, but this dish has amazing flavour. Sauteed pepper add a little sweetness, while feta cheese brings a nice cooling punch.
The best bit is, the recipe is so simple that you only need a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. Check it out below:
Quinoa and Feta Cheese Salad
Cook time: 20 mins / Total time: 20 mins / Yields: 4 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 4 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Feta cheese (amount used is dependent on your preference)
- Optional: 1 tsp of tamari sauce
- Boil a cup of quinoa for 5 minutes. Once the water boils, reduce the heat to a low temperature and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Double check the time recommendation by the quinoa packet matches or if it needs more or less cooking time.
- While the quinoa cooks cut the peppers and onion into small pieces
- Heat up the frying pan and add a little bit of olive oil
- Throw the chopped up peppers and onion into the frying pan
- Let it cook at low to medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Add spinach to the pan and lower the heat to a low temperature. You want the spinach to wilt, not overcook. You can also add some tamari sauce at this point if you'd like.
- Once the spinach has wilted, turn off the pan.
- Rinse the cooked quinoa before putting it in a big mixing bowl
- Add the spinach, peppers and onion combination to the mixing bowl. After this add some feta cheese. I usually crumble about a small handful per person. Mix it all together.
- Serve as a salad bowl