Strawberry Feta Cheese Salad
"The perfect recipe to help you recover from your wildest weekend"
Cook time: No cooking needed, only 5 - 10 minutes prep required
When the weekend comes Ian and I have a house party. We invite pizza, fries and chicken thighs and have as much fun with food as we can.
However no matter how delicious these foods can taste, within 24 hours I look and feel pretty terrible. My jeans feel a little tight, I feel less sexy and my skin breaks out. This makes me wonder "What should I eat tomorrow?"
"Oooh, I know! ... Lots of kale and avocado!"
When I put these two together, I feel amazing pretty much instantly. They are the perfect combo to cleanse my gut and get my body craving healthier recipes.
My go-to recipe is this Strawberry Kale recipe. I first came across it from GimmeSomeOven .
Here are three reasons why I love it:
- No cooking required. I can prepare it literally in 5 to 10 minutes and this is perfect after a long Monday.
- The strawberries and feta cheese make the dish taste sugary sweet and cooling at the same time.
- It's the only salad Ian loves... and that's saying a lot. He's the kind of guy to frown when he eats salads.
The original recipe called for red onions and a vinaigrette. However, given that Ian's not a fan of raw red onions and I messed up the vinaigrette recipe multiple times, I created my own version. I made it a simpler and it tastes just as good (if not even better).
Give it a try below. Don't forget to tag @thejoyrandolph when you make it. I'll regram the best photos on Instagram.
STRAWBERRY KALE SALAD
Cook time: 10 mins / Total time: 10 mins / Yields: 4 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- Olive oil
- Curly kale, 100g
- Strawberries, 120g
- Avocado, 2 small
- Feta cheese (or goat cheese), 100g
- Black pepper, a dash
- Pink Himalayan salt
- White vinegar (optional)
- Wash the kale. Place the kale into a large bowl. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the kale. Massage the oil into the kale with your hands.
- Cut the avocado in half, slice cubes of avocado and put into bowl
- Cut the strawberries and put into bowl. Mix all the ingredients together
- Crumble feta cheese all over bowl
- Drizzle a bit of white vinegar, dash a bit of black pepper and salt... and you're done.