I love drinking water. But sometimes, the plainness of it makes it feel boring.
To spice things up, I love to make fruit infused water. This tastes so much better and healthier than fruit juices and store bought flavoured juices. This is because while it tastes fruity, infused water has less sugar, no preservatives and tastes more hydrating.
One of my favourite recipes to make is Strawberry and Mint water recipe. Strawberries and other fruits that are high in Vitamin C are great to add to your drinks because they increase your metabolism.
If you’d like to make your water taste more interesting and speed up your metabolism on the way, this recipe is a must.
Check it out below:
A Healthy French Toast with Berries Recipe
Cook time: 5 mins / Prep Time: 25 mins / Total time: 30 mins / Yields: 2 portions / Serving Size: 1 person
- 2 slices Protein bread (or 1 slice of wholemeal bread)
- ¼ cup egg whites (which can come from 3 large eggs)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (I use MyProtein Vanilla Whey Protein Powder)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A handful of fresh staweberries
- Optional: Maple syrup or honey
- Begin greasing the frying pan by spraying coconut spray across the pan. Turn on the hob to medium heat.
- Crack your eggs and drop egg whites into a bowl. Add protein powder and cinnamon
- Whisk until it’s well blended
- Dip the bread into the bowl and when one side is soaked, flip it over and let the other side absorb the egg mixture
- Place bread on fying pan and cook each side for a couple of minutes (or until golden brown).
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
- If you need a sauce, try a little bit of maple syrup or honey.